Gateshead Primary SCITT welcomes visitors. Please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit. Prior to starting the course, we offer skills tests sessions to help boost your knowledge and confidence prior to sitting your tests.
Our record of trainees gaining employment once qualified is outstanding. We offer employment workshops to help you complete application forms and work on your interview technique.
Gateshead Primary SCITT provides the opportunity for you to gain Qualified Teacher Status and a Professional Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) through School Centred Initial Teacher Training in primary schools and nursery schools in Gateshead and the North East.
The Gateshead Primary SCITT offers:
- Qualified teacher status
- A Professional or Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE)
- All trainees are registered for the PGCE with Northumbria University
- The opportunity to gain 60 credits towards a Masters qualification
- A one-year training course
- High-quality Initial Teacher Training
- The opportunity to train within excellent schools
- High-quality school-based experiences within the North East region
The consortium of schools involved with this Initial Teacher Training Course has a high level of expertise and a strong commitment to delivering high-quality teacher training.
The lead school, Lobley Hill Primary has extensive experience in Initial Teacher Training, working in partnership with other North East schools, Northumbria University and Gateshead Council. Gateshead is one of the best performing Local Education Authorities, Northumbria University has an outstanding reputation within teacher education.